Description

Description:

The mosque is located in the village of Akho, Keda Municipality. It was built in 1817-1818 by a Laz craftsman. The building has two floors: a basement is located on the first floor, and a two-storey chapel on the second floor. Tile is used for the roof. To the south is a toothed mihrab with an Arabic inscription on top. The ceiling of the central space is covered by a dome painted with oil paints. The interior is decorated with a mimicry, a choir railing and a cathedral. Wooden ornaments are made in the form of applique and painted. All walls are separated by windows. In its north-western corner the lower part of the minaret is preserved. Jame is still valid today.

Period: XIX century. 

How to get there

How to get there:

Minibus Batumi-Keda, Batumi - Shuakhevi, Batumi - Khulo.

Address: Batumi Old Bus Station, Mayakovsky St. №1.

 

Similar places

Dzentsmani Mosque

Keda

Cult buildings

Uchkhiti Mosque

Keda

Cult buildings

Zvare Church

Keda

Cult buildings

Mosque of Kokotauri

Keda

Cult buildings

Kveda Makhuntseti Mosque

Keda

Cult buildings

Zvare Mosque

Keda

Cult buildings